Director of Operations
The Billing Specialists are responsible for entering medical billing information onto claim forms, ensuring the data is entered accurately and in a timely manner. Verification and research of billing inconsistencies is also a key responsibility of this position.
- Sort medical documents from clients, and prepare them for data entry
- Enter medical billing information onto HCFA and UB92 forms within pre-set timeframes, ensuring accuracy of data entered
- Review codes entered, to ensure procedures have been coded in compliance with Medicare guidelines
- Research all coding inconsistencies to determine if service was accurately coded
- When necessary, contact client to verify that coding is consistent with services provided
- Follow-up on claims, claims corrections, and rebilling
- Establish priorities for collection efforts and work flow
- Identify claims for resubmission and processing of secondary payors
- Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual statistics
- Other duties as required
- Minimum 2 years of similar experience with medical billing, in a computerized environment
- Working knowledge of CPT and ICD 9 codes
- Data entry skills of 10,000 kph or more
- Must be detail-oriented, and accurate
- Must work well with within the team, and independently
- Ability and experience in providing professional customer service
- Must be honest, dependable and reliable
- Excellent English communication skills
- Ability and willingness to advance and constantly learn, in a dynamic, growing environment
- Proficiency with MS Outlook, including MS Word and Excel
- Fluency in Spanish
- Experience with collections
We offer a competitive base salary plus performance bonus, plus stock options and group insurance benefits.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please forward your resume and cover letter, summarizing your specific qualifications and salary requirements to:
MedFi Receivables Management Services
14400 NW 77th Court, Suite 303
Miami Lakes, Florida 33016
Attn: Human Resources
Please note that you MUST include the position title as the first item in the subject line of all emails.
We thank all candidates who apply, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted. No telephone calls or faxes, please.